Xin1120
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Coupé

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BahamaBart View Post
Love the work that is being done and don't want to rain on the development BUT ...............I'd be more interested in a matching set of these gauges that goes in the center vents. I appreciate that the install might be more complicated but if you did it for the center vents, you would have the opportunity to sell 2 gauges to each customer as opposed to 1 . Plus you get the passenger WOW factor.

The only additional development would be in the mechanics of the second gauge.

The development would be minimum if you simply wired "out" the display to accept a gauge manufacturer like PLX Devices who separate the brain from the display. (http://www.plxdevices.com/)

My preference would be - Boost and A/F gauges ? But the second gauge could be any one of the six brain boxes they offer.

Minimally, I would suggest making the middle vent faceplate and give us the option.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT
I see where you are coming from but this is my thought. Our corner vents suck...really bad. They do not distribute air in the right location and rarely cools you down. As a result, I heavily depends on my center vents to do most of the job required for the A/C. Thus, I think this gauge is perfect for that location since I'm not really using it for anything else important. If these gauges take up more room on the center vents and block more airflow, I'm gonna go crazy from heat exhaustion. hehe just my thought. BTW, I'm in Texas...its freakin hot down here.

And yes it may give the passenger wow factor. But it could also give the passenger wow, he is a huge nerd factor.
Appreciate 0