05-22-2014, 09:25 PM   #61
NoOg_sTaR
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: E82 135i, ZZT231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussieboxy View Post
Any tips on installing the RHD downpipes?

Got my set & can't get to bloody anything. Got a quote of 5 Hrs @ $95P/Hr so would prefer to fit myself if possible but only have ramps & stands no lift.
It's not a hard job. Just a bit of a c#$t of a job due to space constraints. If you have the tools, knowledge, and time. You can do it. I did it at a workshop with my mechanic/mate, did it within the night but it came with its share of curse words and cuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
did anything come of this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
Lots of clutch smoke from what I can gather.
It did not end well. There was several months of delays and issues getting the SMFW and ceramic clutch in my hands. The end product was not what I was sold and it still had problems and not performing the way it should. It is currently slipping already and it will be ripped out in the coming weeks once I return from my Sydney/Melbourne trip. It was pretty disappointing, what made matters worst is that the suppliers have ceased contact. I will not name them for the time being.

Sorry for the lack of updates guys. I have been meaning to finish it for quite some time now and I have made my attempts. I am just lacking the motivation, the pictures are uploaded, I have already story boarded it, and it is half typed at home. I will try to commit to finishing it soon. The car has been transformed recently with further changes both cosmetically and mechanically. It is currently punching out 420RWHP on 100% E85.

It will also be featured on BMW Car Magazine in the UK in the coming weeks. I can't comment too much on this but once the magazine is on the shelves I can post a few more things.

Here is the dyno anyway:
Appreciate 0