View Single Post
      04-10-2007, 04:35 AM   #6
danp
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
I do not think it is possible that they seen the car without disguise unless it was either on the USA or Sydney , Australia photo and film shoots - Which have been completed with both cars back in Munich.

When I was on the M3 presentation shoots of the Melbourne Red car in South Africa , immediately after the main shoot in Dubai for the main presentation film. We did come head to head with Audi who were shooting the A5 and S5 Coupe in South Africa the same time we were shooting the M3. which turned out the way I envisioned.
Currently a Alpine white M3 and M6 are in Valencia being photographed alongside the Carbon Fibre hull of the BMW oracle racing yacht. As BMW amp up the lightweight technology and efficient dynamics angle on the M division cars...

The 1er Coupe will undergo final location film and photography in Munich and then it will get it's studio shots completed. The time is really ticking away now to it's debut which will not be long...
Hey Scott, firstly I appreciate all the info and look forward to the 1 series coupé, tho' from the shots so far I think that the 3 door looks more sporty, we'll see !

Secondly, how come all this lightweight dynamics ended up in an M3 that weighs 85kg more than the old one ? (despite a carbon roof, engine 15kg lighter etc etc) ;-)

Thirdly, how long till the M1 / M2 surfaces ? Looking forward to a truly (reasonably) lightweight ///M with a screaming 6 pot. (but will it be able to make enough BHP without a turbo, i.e. lots more than the 135ti ?).

Surely the 1 won't get the V8 ?
Appreciate 0