blutattoo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMisencik157 View Post
It doesn't surprise me that they use RE-11. I have them on one of my sets of wheels and they are a great tire, especially to learn on. They give a lot of audible feedback (screeching) so you know when you're getting close to the limit whereas my R-S3 don't make any noise until Im sliding. Like I said before the RE-11 outlast any of the others and are hands down the most friendly towards unexperienced drivers largely due to the audible feedback but also the predictability.

Also just to feed my curiosity... how old are the z1s on your e36 (date stamp)? and they are the z1 star specs not the regular z1 right?

On a side note, I see you're from Sacramento and head out to Thunderhill. When is your next track day? I may be out there this friday with Performance Technic and Im signed up for Feb 8 with NCRC. Hope to meet you out there soon!
Hah, that's cool I'm with NCRC at Laguna Seca next weekend, well Monday anyways, and Thunderhill Feb 8th so I'll see you there. I love racing with NCRC. Cool guys and cheap fees. I think I'm in point by or open can't remember, but we could ride with each other when we are not on the track. Hopefully it won't rain on us.

I do have the Star Specs on my e36 they only have about 1500 miles on them since I don't drive the car that much in the winter they are still fairly new. I like them the best for auto-x since the tread wear is above 180 and they are way cheaper than the RE-11's. For auto-x I can't see them being much different so might as well spend less for the same performance. Plus I'm gonna cage and gut the car and the class I want to run only allows a tread wear rating of 200 or greater.
Appreciate 0