Rep
Drives: 2011 1M VO

Garage List
2019 VW GTI SE  [0.00]
2020 Tesla M3P  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manual only View Post
I understand driving it will be better but I have the luxury of driving different vehicles for lesuire. This being the first M purchased in the family were making it a point that it will be driven within the next generations to come. Pete thanks replying to my question, I did add stabil prior to storage so all should be well. I have access to a dealer plate and will take your advice on 10 miles a month would it be better to run it on a Dyno so theres less resistance?

I recently bought and sold an evolution iv that was stored in a garage since 2003, after replacing all fluids she ran like a champ all she really needed was the oil switch replaced i was weary of people not knowing to to fix her that why she was sold. hopefully people down the line get familiar with with this chassis so they can identify symptoms ASAP.
Unless you have more cars than Jay Leno, you should still drive it! I think, from what I have read, that 20 miles at a crack is more like what it takes to really warm everything up and get all the water out of the exhaust. Even in winter in Chicago can find at least once a month when salt is scarce.
PS Your kids are unlikely to give a hoot.
Appreciate 0