Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: I love massive black cocks

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Tailgaters, my process is as follows:

1. Proceed to slow and "draw them in" a little bit more.
2. Turn on rear fog lights (looks as though it's brakes) and watch them back right off.
3. If Step 2 doesn't work, slow riiiiight down to about half the limit and when they go to overtake, beat them back up to speed limit.
4. If all else fails, I mash the brake pedal through the firewall and see if their reactions and brakes can stand up to the test.

I hate tailgaters. Having driven in Europe for that long, tailgating is warranted ONLY on the freeway and it lasts about 10 seconds. In Australia, it's done on single lane roads, or multi-lane roads with other lanes free.

My old WRX had a tow-ball. I applied the above process to a Holden VS Ute who was tailgating me along an 80km/h road (i was sitting just below 90). He flogged it wrong side of the road, couldn't pass, moved back in behind me and I couldn't see his 'hood' he was that close. So, slammed on the brakes, he went up my ass and latched his front bar onto my tow ball. I drove forward, ripped off his front bar and drove a good 40m scratching it up as it hung off the back of my car. I pulled over, made him remove it from my car.

I had the car checked 2 days later and no damage. He ended up having to have his front end put back together.

Freeway though, never do that stuff. I sit in the right lane (our fast lane), and just do the odd flash of the high beams if i'm approaching someone sticking to the limit. They usually move.
Appreciate 0