View Single Post
      02-24-2013, 11:40 AM   #273
eywflyer
Private
Rep
Drives: 135is DSB 6MT 269/613

I've been entering my VIN into the WWL tracking webpage daily hoping to see it show up in their system (in transit as of Feb 19) but no luck yet. Was playing around with the % wildcard function there and realized that could be used with partial VINs to determine the quantities of various model codes shipped by WWL, at least as far back as their records are currently online.

Using the VIN decoder post in this forum, and the BMW AG model codes in this document:
https://ociaccess.oci.wi.gov/Company...9&filid=196888

one can construct a partial VIN of this: WBAUC9C5%DV% for the 135i coupe, where the first % is the check digit and the second % is the sequential production number. Putting this partial VIN into the WWL search page yields 374 results. Doing the same thing for the 135i convertible partial VIN of WBAUN7C5%DV% yields 401 results. All of these results are dated between late July 2012 and the current time (with the exception of one lone 135 coupe that was delivered to New York on May 21, 2012).

Assuming the "Status Location" results shown in the WWL database accurately reflect the port of delivery location, I'm surprised that only 4 135 coupes and 3 135 convertibles have been delivered to Brunswick during that time. The vast majority were delivered to Baltimore, New York or Port Hueneme. Surely there would be more 135 buyers in Florida and the other Southeastern states in the Brunswick VDC service area than that, plus 135 dealer inventory cars. Maybe some of the inventory cars headed for the Southeast get delivered into Baltimore then are sent south?

I know there are other shipping lines besides WWL for the US market, but interesting results nonetheless.

WWL cargo tracking search page:
http://www.2wglobal.com/www/customer...LaunchPage.htm

Last edited by eywflyer; 02-24-2013 at 10:38 PM..
Appreciate 0