View Single Post
      10-31-2011, 07:36 PM   #1
sistom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 135i M-Sport Coupé

Garage List
JB4 installed - a few tips for those about to do it.

Got my JB4 in the mail today and started installing it as soon as I got home from work.

A couple of tips:
  • DO NOT forget to remove your previous tune. I left my JB+ in and it took me about 20 minutes to realize that was the reason my car was idling like crap and giving me a CEL light.
  • Take note of the position of the cowl before removing it. It's a pain in the ass to put it back on sometimes and get it lined up right for the air filter to fit back on properly.
  • Take your time when removing the various parts before getting to the ECU. Dropping a screw is a b*tch.
  • Once inside the ECU compartment, the clips to remove the subconnectors are on the side where the subconnectors come out of. I broke a clip by holding back the wrong clip and forcing the subconnector out.
  • Take your time, again.
  • When taking out the green power connector you have to remove the whole thing. When you are folding down part of it to remove the #2 wire, hold on to the part you're unfolding. I lost mine in the great abyss of the engine compartment.
  • If you have a 135i you have to recalibrate your gauges. To do this you have to: go up on the Speedometer 5 times and then up on the Tachometer 2 times and then hit the Volume up. They should all go to center and then reset.
Appreciate 0