View Single Post
      11-16-2015, 07:30 AM   #9
Klayfish
Rep
Drives: '11 128i

It would be pretty rare for me to carry all 3 kids at once. I currently do it some, but that's because my current daily is a Chevy HHR. The HHR is a fantastic kid hauler, Costco runner, but not much fun. Anyway, when I typically carry all 3 at once, it's more by choice simply because the HHR can do it and it's a "beater", so I'll leave the van at home and take the HHR. Plus the HHR is a manual, so at least I've got that... When I "need" to carry the kids, it's typically one or two. Of course, with just one, it's really easy. None of the kids are in boosters. When it's two, it's usually my two boys as they'll both have sports practice at the same time. My wife drops them off and I will bring them home.

The appeal of the Honda is: it's a bit quicker, bulletproof, runs on regular unleaded (driving 120 miles per day, it can add up). While it's also a coupe, it's back seat is surprisingly big. But the buy in cost is much higher, and it lacks that feel. While the 128i has nowhere near the speed of the new M4 or M5...or even new M235...that I got to drive at BMWs' school, it has a very similar BMW driving "feel".
Appreciate 0