Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by booth99 View Post
I sent this to BMW:

Subject: Technical Issues

Question / Request:

I am having a lose of engine power after a software update to resolve my fuel system problems which almost left me stranded in the middle of Wyoming. The car feels very sluggish compared to before the update. The dealer says everything is fine and will not do anything else. I am very frustrated with the whole situation and I am on the verge of ending my BMW experience. Please help! Thank you!

I got this as a response:

Thank you for contacting BMW of North America, LLC regarding your 2010 BMW 135i. I was sorry to hear of your concerns.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you have experienced when having your vehicle serviced. Unfortunately, we are not able to advise via e-mail whether or not your BMW center diagnosed your vehicle correctly.

If you are questioning your center's diagnosis, you may want to consider seeking a second opinion from another BMW center. Should you need it, you will find a complete listing of authorized centers, categorized by name, state, or zip code, on our website at www.bmwusa.com/dealers.

The BMW Customer Relations and Services Department is available Monday through Friday from 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M., Eastern Standard Time. You can reach us at 1-800-831-1117.

Sincerely,

Ashley Paras
Customer Relations and Services
Representative

Thanks for the support BMW! The next closest BMW center is 150 miles away!
Sux big time!!!

Also, to make matters worse, these call centers are not even BMW, it is a 3rd party company outsourced to deal with complaints of customers. They have little to no knowledge of your car or particular issues it may have. Think of it as the company represented by George Clooney in the movie Up In the Air hired to terminate people. Unless you really complain and claw your way to someone higher up the food chain, you will get these polite and very generic e-mails...
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0