09-30-2013, 01:46 PM   #145
livewire85
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i

Garage List
2011 BMW  [0.00]
N51

I live in California and I'm also interested in a tune for the N51. My current performance mods include an injen intake and a muffler delete with 2.5" pipe from resonator back. From all the research I've done, here are the differences I have found between the engines (other forum members, feel free to contribute/correct):

N52 has single stage intake manifold and higher compression pistons
N51 has three stage intake manifold, lower compression pistons, and some slight emissions equipment differences

I'm not sure what the engine code is for the 125i, but it sounds like it's a slightly detuned version of the N51. They should all be the same magnesium/aluminum block 3.0 I6.

Logically, it would stand to reason that the three stage intake manifold would work for the N51 since that is the one used on the 125i. Are you able to confirm?

The only other option would to go with an AA tune, but from everything I read it sounds like the Evolve tune would be a better route if it would work well on the 128i N51.

Please let me know since I am looking to purchase a new tune at the beginning of 2014.
Appreciate 0