View Single Post
      04-04-2014, 06:44 PM   #58
-cj-
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '20 X5MC | '20 Z4

1mmaniac: Those different noise levels on start up is exactly what I'm describing. At least, I think it is.

When you get the ultra high noisy start, I suspect it's because you no longer have "vacuum" stored in the tanks. Once this happens, the flap is open and you get a noisy start. The car has to generate boost/vacuum and that's when things start to quiet down naturally.

Try this: Unplug the vacuum cable going into the AK wireless valve and plug it back in. Start the car. It will be ultra loud... Same sound.

My start ups are usually quiet if I limit the amount of time the car sits off. Usually after about 48hours+ I get a loud start.

I would think that if the whole system were perfectly sealed and free of leaks, I should be able to keep the system pressurized for a lot longer (between starts)...

Also, I have similar issues with my noise levels changing, much like you're describing. It no longer sounds like it did before...

Thanks for the suggestion on troubleshooting the noise. Going to get my wife to blip the throttle....
Appreciate 0