04-07-2014, 09:12 PM   #62
wabbit
wabbit!
Mexico
Rep
Drives: ///1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by -cj- View Post
I'll take some pictures in the next day or so. But yes, that was the same rattle I had. Basically there's two things you need to do:

1) Ensure that there's no travel left on the arm. That way when it opens and closes it fully secures the butterfly (from moving forward towards front of the car, or backwards towards rear) valve inside the exhaust -(See this thread for more info)

2) You'll notice that the arm doesn't move, but the butterfly unit moves sideways (driver side - passenger side) inside the exhaust pipe. I suspect this is what causes the rattle. I'm still testing this, but I secured a zip tie around the actuator and put some sideways pressure, forcing the butterfly valve inside to stop moving. The arm still travels forward and backwards (white / red mode). In fact I added a dab of anti-seize to ensure there wasn't too much friction.

I'm still testing this out to see if it's solving my issue 100% --- It made a huge difference when I tested it once, but the weather sucks here right now and I haven't investigated further. I'll take pics when I get a chance.

If this fixes the rattle, Akrapovic needs to add a spacer around the arm leading to the butterfly valve.
thanks i'll be around checking this thread
Appreciate 0