View Single Post
      09-17-2007, 03:42 PM   #30
335i=:)
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i sedan-blk/blk-Poplar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135i_ View Post
When I said most people, I was referring to most of the people I've talked to. I've been to a lot of BMW events and CF rarely comes up. Guess how much CF is on our full race 2002tii? None. It's not worth it and the car is already stripped anyway. It's unnecessary and the questions hugo already brought up about safety are legitimate as well.

-If safety is important to you, it's certainly something to consider. If weight savings/looks is your priority is a question or whether or not it's "worth" it to you which is a matter of opinion and wallet size/spending threshold.

That's the difference. That's the point I was trying to make, thanks for making it for me. For myself and other enthusiasts, useful IS the only priority. Guess how many track cars I've seen with sweet ricer paint jobs? Very few if any. Like I said if you like CF good for you, but stop trying to convince people that it'll do much for you performance wise.

-I'm not following the CF isn't useful idea, to me it seems obvious it's lighter.......
-WHen it comes to looks, that's all opinion.

Oh, what besides CF are you planning on doing? And why does the oner need less front end weight when it's already about 50/50?

Originally Posted by kamakazitp
wont all these universal tuning systems (procede, etc) not take advantage of all your extra mods (DP, FMIC, etc)? I mean, after all, the tunes werent designed for them.

you'd have to get a custom tune/map made to take advantage of your mods. some of the guys on e90post have had problems with downpipes making no (or sometimes loss of) power with procede.

I know v2 is supposed to cure cancer, but unless its designed for your specific combination of mods, it seems like it wouldnt be running as well as it could until you get a custom tune.

Shiv has already said he will make a TBE V2.0 map. I'm sure it will be out within a couple months.

About which Intercooler I'll buy, I still waiting to find out from others which ends up being the best, there are still very few people running FMIC's so far, and some of them are custom. Also, with the M-kit on our 1er's, there's more room then on the 3er for FMIC surface area, so I expect better results on the 1er.

As far as weight saving mods go. And no, I'm not going to do the math, but here's my list.

-TBE, titanium
-Lightweight wheels/tires
-recaro seats
-lightweight battery
-lightweight Coilovers
-sunroof delete
-removal of back seat
-lightweight strut bar
-another 10lbs of junk around the engine that can be replaced with lightweight materials
-CF hood, trunk.

Expensive?

It will be my first major project car. Look for larger turbo's in the near future as well.

No, I will certainly be buying aftermarket wheels and tires because they are a necessity performance wise.
-I agree this is the best performance/aesthetic mod.

The reason the front end will be heavy is because you will lose 20-35lbs at the rear going with a Aftermarket TBE where the weight is coming from the rear end. That's with Stainless Steel, with Titaninium there will be more. ALso, I plan on removing the rear seat, which will be more rear end weight loss. It will most likely be 51/49% as well. Like most other BMW's.
Appreciate 0