View Single Post
      03-28-2016, 12:02 PM   #1
tjswarbrick
<(O0=[][]=0O)>
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 N55 E88

M-Sport Dead Pedal

Was farting around in the pedal box this weekend, and lost a pin behind the driver's side front carpet/foam/insulation.
Removed upper and side panels, but still couldn't get the carpet up.
I found a DIY for removal of the M-Sport Foot Rest Trim / Dead Pedal (51477906851) which said get near the pins and Pull. So I did.

All 4 pins broke.

It's just a plastic dead pedal in aluminum-look trim with rubber nubs in the middle. But it secures from behind with some metal clips that slip over the pins. I managed to shake 3 of the 4 broken pins out, but doubt I could get my hand in there to re-install.

But my big problem is the $30 original pedal trim has been replaced with P/N 51477906850 which costs over $150! For a plastic dead pedal cover!

I do see the $6 (RealOEM) Non-M cover (51477120416) available for about $30 from various sources. But it's not stock and kinda ugly. Looks like it has an extra pin, too.

I thought the M-Perf Aluminum cover was kinda ridiculous at $80. But at half the price of the plastic one, it's looking tempting. Except it installs via screws, which most people (it seems) put right through the still-installed plastic one. Well, clearly, that won't work for me.
So,

Can I get an aftermarket aluminum dead pedal to fasten to the factory carpet?
Am I doing something wrong and is the M-Sport piece available for less than its weight in gold somewhere?

Other suggestions?
Right now, I have no cover in place. But the box is still shaped just fine.

Last edited by tjswarbrick; 04-26-2022 at 12:30 PM..
Appreciate 0