Thread: your next car
View Single Post
      10-20-2012, 07:05 PM   #55
Eyeman
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 135 blk, blk, step

Garage List
It's funny to me how similar most of our taste in cars goes. Tons of mentions of Porsche's if we have the money, if not we step down to Audis or Vettes or BMWs, if we step down another level we go down to Z/VW/Subara type cars. My last cars before my 135 were a Porsche 968 (still own), a Vette, and an Audi Cabriolet.

My guess is that I'll practically never sell my 135. But I will eventually need a new daily driver in 6 to 8 yrs. To keep me happy in the meantime I'll keep maintaining and eventually repaint and maybe replace the top on my 968. Hopefully the drivetrain holds up, it has 165k miles now.

I'll take great care and gradually improve my 135 also. Cosmestically I did not bother with a clear bra etc so in a few yrs I'll have a good excuse to get side skirts, maybe an M version front bumper, a CF hood, and maybe M mirrors. I figure the junky subframe bushings, etc will even be junkier and need replacing. I"ll need new rotors, may as well make them lighter. But the biggest thing is I'll probably upgrade to Rob Beck type turbos at 80-100k.

Hmm, that sounds so nice, maybe I'll just buy a truck to drive "daily" so I'll be able to drive my old 135 and old Porsche more.
Injen, RR OCC, MadDad Whisper, donut spare, 19x8.5et43fr 19x9.5et45r Volk LE37's, rear fenders rolled/pulled, PSS4S 225/35fr 255/30r, KW V1's, AR coated catless dps, Cross strutbar, CF grills and license plate holder, iCarbon diffuser, ETS black anodized FMIC, M3 control arms, Quaife, ER chargepipe, ForgeDV's, Topspeed Custom Tune, V3sims, Braille, Andrey_GTA rear hub mod, Ebay Mstyle front bumper and performance style side skirts.
Appreciate 0