View Single Post
      03-06-2013, 12:06 PM   #5
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory View Post
Why would you not get a longer line & keep the meth out of the passenger compartment?
Running it through there is honestly the easiest way. I could run it through the outside of the car or something, but there are too many variables going on that could cause it to leak due external factors. As it is, it sneaks under the rear seats, and is nestled under the floor mats. The only section that's visible is way at the end of my footwell where I have to bring it up under the steering wheel through the firewall.

I think that's the best way, because there's too much going on outside the car and I don't want a meth line nicked. I would get a single long tube, but as I said, getting the line through the firewall was the most annoying part of the procedure, so I'd like to keep the existing 2 lines and just find a better way of connecting them so it doesn't leak in my trunk, since it seems this brass connector piece is what's causing the leak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAZ View Post
Or even better...put in a filter...kill 2 birds with one stone!

Ebay link

Oh man, you are IMMENSELY helpful! Thank you so much (for this post and the previous)!!!!

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0