View Single Post
      05-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #1
AW128i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 N51

Time for a bath and pics showing off the new shoes...

It's been many months (the horror!) since my baby has gotten a proper bath. With that in mind, and wanting to show off the new shoes, I decided to reward her with a VERY thorough cleaning this weekend. Part 1 took place today.

Before - passenger side: you can see how bad the paint looks. Tar, dirt, and oxidation everywhere. The paint on the passenger's side fender and the side skirt on the same side are really bad. The paint actually looks yellow, which you can sort of see in the pic.

Before - front: bugs galore! P.S. anyone know where to pick up some AW plugs for the license plate bracket holes?

Before - driver's side: no noticeable oxidation on this side, but tons of road tar, dirt, and other grime to be seen.

Sonax in action on one of the front wheels. Love me some CS7s!

Iront cut in action on the driver's side. I guess the paint was worse than it looked...

After wash, Sonax, and Iron Cut...before bug and tar removal...

I was really impressed with the Iron Cut. This is the first time I've used it and it left the paint VERY clean. Clean enough the I briefly considered not even using a clay bar on the car. But, after closer inspection, there are definite areas that need a clay bar still. So, that will happen tomorrow. Another product I used for the first time today is the 1Z einszett Anti-Insekt Bug + Tar Remover. This stuff is another miracle worker! It was super easy to put on and you just wash it off after agitating it with a soft cloth, brush, towel, etc. It made quick work of all the bugs and tar. And, after using it (the last step for today), I truly did feel like maybe I could skip the clay bar. Alas, I know better and will not skip it tomorrow. The car looks so CLEAN now I'm in love with it all over again!

For now, she sits in the garage, awaiting tomorrow, upon which I'll break out the random orbital and try out the NanoSkin Autoscrub for the first time. Looks to be the bee's knees, so we'll see. After that I'll be on to a machine polish and then finish off with Adam's Machine Superwax. Can't wait!!

I leave you with a fun shot for the day. With a license plate like that, who needs a badge...especially when only the diehards will understand it!