View Single Post
      04-16-2010, 09:11 PM   #10
IZAGLO
Mbira
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sedonna Red 09 135i SOLD

A bent rim would cause the rim to vibrate and be out of balance but usually it will not cause the car to pull...a bad rotor causes vibration, not pull,''''''

oh boy.....whatever it is it's TOTALLY un-acceptable imo...having the car pull to either side is horrible, dangerous and takes all the fun out of driving. If the car did not pull right before you installed the new tires it should not pull right now...being that BMW aligned it check your paperwork for specs...usually when aligning they give you OEM aiignment specs...and what the car was before and after alignement to see if they adjusted anything. Also keep in mind that some tires are more sensitive to road imperfections and also to the level of the road.Ever drive a EVO MR...the steering is go cartish and i found it very hard to drive on center without making driving corrections all the time because the car would find any road imperfection and wonder a tad...great steering but almost tooo sensitive... If you are driving on a road that leans to the right than the car will move in that direction...make sure you test it on a flat as possible road...a car that is balanced and aligned perfectly will pull to one side or the other if the road is not level... My son thought my 135i pulled as well, but it was the road...it wonders to the side that is not level is normal...
But in my 35 years of driving generally if a car pulls it IS the alignment or road....again check it on a flat level road...and if it still pull the only thing you can do is have the suspension checked out and alignment again or as a last resort find a bud with a 2nd set of 135i rims and tires...borrow them for a day and take a ride and see if the car feels different.. Or put your old tires back on and check it again...There is no reason it should pull from just changing tires.

Radial pull my ass....this is BS and if there is such a thing in tires i would not own them...

Last edited by IZAGLO; 04-17-2010 at 10:26 AM..
Appreciate 0