View Single Post
      04-08-2013, 08:11 AM   #1
Odin2347
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4

135i in an accident no wheel lock key, shop can't get wheel off

So my 08 135i vert was parked infront of my house and got sideswiped by a car without plates that was driving pretty erratically. It sucks but its not too big of an issues, I had it towed to my friend's bodyshop and they began stripping the car. Now, I had a previous issue with my roof getting stuck sometimes so I decided to address that as well and the roof has been torn down.

Anyway, when the person hit the car it pushed the tire into the tall curb it was parked next too and the sidewall is kinda torn up/bubbling and we tried to take the wheel off and noticed there was no key. From what I've read the key should be in a little tool box underneath the trunk by the battery? Well there's nothing there...I bought the car last summer certified pre owned from a dealer over an hour away from me. I did have a tire replaced once by the dealer so I'm not sure if they took the key and never put it back. The car is not drive-able in its current state and we need to take the wheel off anyway to take off the quarter panel which was damaged. The nearest dealer from me is about 30 mins away. The dealer I bought the car from is not being very helpful and said I need to bring the car to get another key. Is there anyway we can take it off without the key? Or I could get another somewhere?
Appreciate 0