View Single Post
      09-06-2012, 11:50 PM   #1
Apiasto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Black 128i

Distant Extremes (DXHid) HID Kit

First off I would like to start off by saying that I know the proper way of doing this is to buy proper HID housing headlights (I do plan on doing this in the near future I am just inpatient and wanted to try something now )

I have ordered a few sets of HIDs from the above seller and I have not been steered wrong. Dave is a good guy with great customer service and above all great products. I had an HID kit on my RSX Type S that i purchased from him that was running without issues for about 4 years. So when i decided that I wanted to give HIDs a shot on the 1 I instantly thought of dxhid.com.

I received the kit last week and just got around to installing it today. I have to say that i was impressed with the BMW halogen headlights. They do rather well with HIDs all things considered. I was able to squeeze everything into the back of the headlight so I did not have to drill any wholes in the covers. I am running a Canbus 35w kit (6000k) in the headlights and a Canbus 35w kit (3000k) in the fog lights. I also purchased a full LED conversion (interior) and also upgraded the Tag lights. Everything went in without issue and worked flawlessly. I have been running the fog lights for about a month now without any errors as well as no errors from any of the interior lights. I will update if any errors appear but as of now it's error free without any coding

Overall I would recommend DXHid to anyone that is looking for any sort of lighting. If it is not posted up on his site I would give him a call or shoot them an email because he might have something. I know this thread is useless without pictures so here they are (I know they are crappy iPhone pictures but my friend who has a camera is in Puerto Rico until Sunday). If you guys have any questions feel free to ask.

The Kit:

Yes they are installed in this picture:

Compared to the halogen bulb:

The cut off:

Head on view (kinda):

The Car

Appreciate 0