Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C 6MT, '21 Charger Scat

Garage List
2021 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
Guys, you need to be realistic about this car. This will be a M-class car at an entry level price. This will not be better than the M3. It's the same ignorant people who say that their 1er is just as good as an M3 with a tune and some suspension work. That makes me laugh still. The 1 body is still not designed to be as aerodynamic as the M3. So no modding is going to help that.

Look at the history of M cars. They have never disappointed and have always been admired and loved by car enthusiasts and pro drivers. So, why do so many people think this car is going to bomb? It's the same thing Porsche did with the Cayman. Arguable the best 2 seater for the money, but it will never come close to the performance and prestige of the 911. And I doubt it's cut into the 911 sales. (I don't want to see any jackasses put up times for both cars and say, "Oh, the Cayman matched it at X course when it was a full moon")

I believe this car will up the ante for performance in a smaller, lighter package that will be priced below the M3 and C63, RS4, etc. Who gives a shit if it has 340 or 350hp?! Horsepower is not king on an autocross track. It's all about the balance, handling, and chassis.
I really like this car so long as it delivers great performance at a good value (can't really afford an M3). I'm sure it won't beat an M3, but if I can get a 1M with LSD, better suspension, more power (hopefully an upgraded turbo or something more than ECU reprogram), wide body, etc. I think this car will work great for someone who likes small high performance cars.

Just like you said the caymen is a great car I could buy, but I know I would get the 911 if I had the extra cash laying around.

Same case here I'll take an 1M because it has all the upgrades I want on the 1er and I can still afford it. As soon as I can afford an M3, I'll buy one of those (too )
Appreciate 0