///Mangler
Captain
Rep
Drives: E30 M3 Darth Vader Trackcar

Garage List
2000 E39 M5  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Advevo View Post
Der untergang youtube M movie is the best example what happens right now at M.

The investment in new highrev engine is a costly thing. And with all the co2 debating going on they can get away with a cheaper turbo AG engine to push to all the costumers. The customers believe this nonsonse and buy it anyway and M is laughing when they see the sales.

Then can you ask youreself. What is M these days.

M is not the manufacturer what we think they used to be. M is now just a Tuning department of BMW.

If you have an turbo M car these days. You buy an bmw AG car with lots tuning parts and M badges. The special feeling owning an M car is flowing away more and more.

When M brings own engines like the M3 CSL engine i am willing to more for it. But pay premium voor putting an AG engine in M car no way. I rather buy a real sportscar then.

Turbo is cheaper and give more easy lots of power in compare to a base race engine like the S54. The japs knew this years ago. So if bmw M goes Jap style fine by me but don t ask M money anymore.

The X5M is just an insane price tag for a turbo there is not one hair on my complete body that would pay that amount of money for an M car with a jap style turbo engine.

The M of Motorsport is gone all the nice old movies you see of M these days of the E30 M3 DTM is a nice marketing. M for street cars is no more then a tuning department for BMW AG.

When they building own engines again M gets a new status from me. As long as turbo AG engines are used the letter M for me is for Marketing.

All this doesn t mean i can t enjoy a 1M. Al this means it s different then M used to be and i accept it but only if the car doesn t cost like a car with a base race engine it s fine by me.
Umm, you might want to do some research on what was created and engineered for the first time to build the S63 engine. The variable pulse form intake and reversed heads for packaging are remarkable. Another 1st, and it came from ///M, not BMW GmBh.

T
Appreciate 0