06-28-2012, 03:18 PM   #26
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
I was talking to a fellow 135i driver at an autocross and he swears he did 168 mph in it stock. I know aerodynamics stink on 1m but could 135 have higher ungoverned top speed?
Noop. Maybe his speedo said 168 mph but I doubt it. Most of them only read plus 5%. Car was only going a max of 250 kph. Probably more likely 240 kph like mine when you look at a gps corrected speed.

I ran into a guy with a M3 here... he swore his car would go 186 mph. I said no way! Not stock. I explained to him how ALL bmw's (non-M cars)are limited to 210 kph. IF they have the M-sport option ( it comes with option #840 speed limiter increase) which limits the car then to 250 kph.

I told him how all M cars are limited to 250kph (ish) (265 max) but you can pay to go thru a M driving school ($$$$) and once thru one, you take your car to a BMW Zentrum and you can pay (a grand or so more) to have them increase the speed limiter to 280 kph. BMW will do this for all M cars - except the 1M, and X5M and X6M cars. These cars are limited to 270 kph.

He told me BS and how he was gonna video the car doing his quoted speed the very next week. Well... no video. But to his credit he did admit that his car would only do 160 mph. He also lives in Germany.

Dack

PS: BMW M-sport option code 840 increased top speed limiter (speed synchronization)…

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...=top+speed+840
Appreciate 0