View Single Post
      06-15-2010, 12:08 AM   #7
jibaholic101
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: women wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelate View Post
I would say it depends on your SA. The problem with warranty work is that the dealership risks not getting paid from BMWNA if they don't follow procedures and service bulletins before replacing parts, even if the symptom and resolution appear obvious.

I'm sure there are ways for the service department to work the system, but not every SA is going to take that risk. Our cars are entirely operated by computers, so in most cases a tech can't use their experience to diagnose issues before the computer decides there's an issue (usually too little, too late).

On the other hand, having the car die on the freeway is not something to be taken lightly for a new BMW. Besides being a safety hazard, there aren't many other possibilities that would cause such a symptom without an obvious sign of failure.
i would take it up with BMWNA if it was a safety issue if it came to that, i can't have a car just die on me while driving on the freeway god knows where, thats not safe in my eyes.

it will be interesting to hear what they have to say tomorrow morning after they do the cold start and get back to working on it.