10-31-2011, 11:20 PM   #21
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post
you went by the only negative review which by the way was offered by a journalist.
No offense but the review was offered by Motor Trend, and Randy Pobst is who made the comments. He's an extremely capable professional racer (not just some journalist).

After watching the video and driving the car, there are some things I actually agree with him on. The 1M has a lot of power and can definitely get sideways. That's about all that I agree with him on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansorl View Post
Getting off work and going to ride my bike home have a good one.
I don't think it's hating on you guys nearly as much as it is that you're coming on a forum (1M based threads) knocking on a car that we all drive. Of course we're going to be biased. BUT, remember...there are a lot of previous M3 and 135 drivers/owners on here who have been in your shoes. My bet would be that you've never driven a 1M, and therefore you have NOT been in our shoes. You're on the outside looking in, rather than looking at it from our point of view. Motor Trend was one of the rare articles that bashed the 1M. Do whatever it is to convince yourselves that it's a shitty car....but you'll still have that doubt in the back of your mind(because I doubt you've driven one). We have our answers...and we're very happy.
Appreciate 0