View Single Post
      02-23-2012, 05:49 PM   #47
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
Thx for the much encouraging update, PainKillaMaan. Good to hear pricing may be decent, as well as the upgradability feature.

Quick question for the Ohlins folks - in their view, how many miles can you log in before they need to be rebuilt (granted a lot will depend on track/road usage)? For reference, for the Ohlins MotorSport Kit I have on my other car (sold through STaSIS), Ohlins recommends that they be rebuilt every 2yrs/12k (at an approximate cost of $400 for a complete rebuild, not factoring shop charges and shipping both ways). That may be a bit aggressive as far as timeframe as most people go well into 30K+ miles before a rebuilt becomes necessary. The suspension is so great that I just consider that the price to 'pay to play'. Would be useful to know what they think about this kit.
Typically every two years or 20K miles is what Koni and AST recommends to keep the dampers in optimum performance. Ohlins may have a different recommended service interval.
Appreciate 0