View Single Post
      03-03-2012, 11:52 AM   #58
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_vB View Post
OK, now I'm confused.

So I thought I'd understood... Then I saw these, also listed as "Road and Track" for the GT3 RS:

That's obviously the motorsports based shock. It says double adjustable, etc. But it's sold as "Road and Track"...

So what's the deal? Is "Road and Track" just a marketing name, or are there actual difference on those TTXs that make them need rebuilds less often, etc?

Just as important, what is Ohlins working on for the 1M, one of those TTX based solutions (which I have to assume will be more expensive at least) or something like the other R&T shocks (single adjustable, etc)?

The TTX based solutions that are currently available, is there anything that can be done to make them more "streetable" (primarily meaning longer time between rebuild)? Those systems run around 5k, I'm guessing, if you go for the less adjustable versions?
That and the Lotus applications are the exceptions in the R&T series.

No, TTX is a motorsport product. Street use is certainly possible with more frequent rebuids and service.

TTX kits starts at $7500 for 2-way, $8500 for 3-way and $9500 for 4-way. You will still need to source your own camber plates, springs and height adjusters, which will set you back another $1000 or so.

Last edited by HP Autosport; 03-03-2012 at 11:57 AM..
Appreciate 0