View Single Post
      06-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #16
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by whostorm05 View Post
Confirmed it's a HP Autowerks tray with a 21 lb Braille battery. Should I msg you directly to try and determine what was causing the fault codes if no fault codes should be thrown?

Notes from the tech:

Interrogated fault memory. Performed energy diagnosis. Vehicle shut off due to start capability limit. Checked battery state of charge, 15%. Inspected the battery and found an incorrect capacity battery installed (aftermarket). Replaced the battery wtih a BMW battery. Registered the battery replacement. Calibrated the steering angle sensor. Cleared fault memory.

So was the car not properly charging the battery fully?

I might burn down the BMW dealership if the 'increased battery discharge' warning comes back even with the factory battery installed.
This is a lightweight battery with a reduced capacity so care must be taken when running this batter on the street. Lots of stop and go driving and short distances will not charge this batter properly and can possible cause the faults you are having. We have installed this battery(15 lb.) version in both of our shop's 335i and 135i without ever having a charging issue or fault codes. Clear fault codes and register the new battery could be all it's needed.
Appreciate 0