View Single Post
      12-15-2013, 07:18 AM   #379
Overpar56
Proud AARP member in good standing
Rep
Drives: Me nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Terrier View Post

My last sporting car was a Mazda RX-8. Other than high interior temps due to the hot rotary exhaust being routed too close the body (meaning that AC had to be used from mid 60's outdoor temps on up), the car was essentially optimally realized of the box. There wasn't anything to be done to make the car better.

Since this is a second car for me I'm fortunate that I can take time to get the car where I want it over time. I'm only driving it about 7-10k per year, maybe less. I don't use it for work so every time I get behind the wheel it's just for the fun of it.
I had (still have until Spring) a 10 RX8 GT. Agree that the ergonomics were just about perfect (except for the lack of headroom). Simple controls within reach. Nothing really frustrated me (except lack of headroom). Transmission is one of the best, handling is neutral, fun to drive to a certain point. Negatives were gas/oil consumption and questionable long-term engine reliability.

As for the 135, whoever designed the radio interface should be shot. Too many buttons to push to change menus, etc. Granted there's little real estate for a bigger display, but this is a nightmare. Throw in not being able to see the display with sunglasses on just makes it worse. Is the sun never out in Germany?

I can't wait for the RFTs to go bald and knock off all that dead weight. I thought I herniated a disc removing them to put on my winter tires.

Agree on the seats. Yesterday it was low 30's and I had butt sweat? I thought I needed Depends.

2012 135i DCT, Lemans Blue/black leather, PPK1, PE, Stoptech Sport rotors and Sport pads, unhealthy crackles and burbles and an aging demonic driver.
Appreciate 0