View Single Post
      10-07-2014, 07:52 PM   #11
fe1rx
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i, 328i, Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcaron9999 View Post
Would really appreicate your feedback on how well they behave on the track, and also on the road.
The front spring rate selected by Ohlins (60 N/mm = 342 lb/in) is good based on actual ride quality and theoretical ride frequency. The rears (70 N/mm = 399 lb/in) are soft to accommodate the soft rear subframe. Since you have RSFB you can stiffen up the back substantially. It should be approximately twice the rate of the front to provide an appropriate rear ride frequency (i.e. 120 N/mm = 684 lb/in). This is what I am running so my comments are based on 60 front, 120 rear with M3 RSFB. Incidentally the 1M kit is 60/120.

The Ohlins recommended damper settings provide very good ride quality on the street - definitely better than OE. The rears have conventional elastomeric bump stops that are very progressive. The fronts have integral bump springs that are very stiff. When you run into them, you really know it. Key is don't over-lower the car, particularly at the front. I plan on raising the front of my car a bit because I have had a few good thumps when daily driving. Anyway, you have the ability to raise your car enough that whatever your normal is keeps you off the stops 99% of the time.
Appreciate 0