View Single Post
      05-28-2011, 03:50 PM   #6
IGoFast1589
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackRat View Post
Adjustable end links are used primarily to prevent preloading one side of the car when it's lowered and weight balanced which usually means one side of the car is slightly lower than the other due to weight distribution. Without adjustable links you preload one side which is not ideal unless you're only turning in one direction. Adjustable links also keep the ARB in the proper horizontal plane so it produces the correct result. It it's anlged from it's proper plane the roll-rate change is effected by the angle.
Yup, there it is. Well said. I don't really think the weight difference from corner to corner is going to be enough to affect the static ride height significantly though. Even if the corner weights were way off I still don't think it would. I mean, if you are looking at the front end corner weights of a car I haven't really seen a difference greater than 75 lbs. Have you?

Some of you guys could most likely feel the difference if you were really in touch with the balance of the car, but I don't think the average Joe would really be able to tell. I've personally never driven a car where the corner weights were really messed up from what they should be.
Appreciate 0