View Single Post
      08-17-2009, 12:09 PM   #3
david @ eas
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireflyer239 View Post
Jurrian, I'm lovin' the 18" CSL reps. Has anyone done the 8.5's all around, but with 225/40 in front and 255/35 rear? According to TR's fitment charts, both sizes are within the recommended range for the 8.5's, and a couple of members have run the 255's on their stock 18x8.5's, on their 135's. I realize the offset is 40mm as opposed to 45mm on the 9.5 inchers, but the "net" still gives about 7mm more clearance than the 9.5's. If so, any pics? Thanks!
I actually haven't seen someone do that before. I personally wouldn't really recommend it, for just one simple reason. To be honest, it just doesn't seem right putting a larger tire in the back without it being coupled for a with a larger rear wheel.

When you add a larger rear tire, if it's not coupled with a larger wheel, you're not getting the most contact patch out of it. To be completely honest, it's just not worth your money spending it on a larger rear tire. If you really want to get a larger wheel in the back with a larger tire, just go for it. Here's a few pictures of the staggered set up:

If you have any more questions, feel free to send me a PM or you can just give me a call
Appreciate 0