01-27-2010, 01:40 AM   #65
Trier Germany
Banned
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: 2009 E-90 M3 space gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numb3rs View Post
Bro, we get it. I remember seeing your videos drifting on the highway ramps in the rain... thats your thing... drifting!

///M is what BMW makes it. They pulled out of Formula1 and is pushing full force with efficient cars. So efficient sport cars are also needed, so BMW is selling them!

The next //M3 is going to be turbo too.. so please, stop with the naturally aspirated wishes. I respect you and your opinion, but it's not going to happen, so it's time to deal with reality. A turbo car can be a track car, fact!

Though, think on this. The 135i is an extremely capable car and the biggest drawback is that it is top-heavy and rolls when attacking the apex. Adding to that a big degree of understeer and you have a BMW that still keeps up with the Cayman S... w/measly 215's up front.

Imagine a 135i with 245/285 tire set up, with most of the top-heavy mass removed (CF roof, no moon roof, 55lbs),... Those 2 things alone, would have a dramatic effect on the cars handling and track characteristics.

Now imagine all the rest of the engineering that BMW with imbue into the new M1 for performance... even more lighter components, better de-stressing threw better intercooler, intake, more robust turbos, oil coolers and ductwork, even exhaust. Then add in better throttle response and more efficiency through Valvetronic..

On a 3,300lbs car...? How is that not a Motorsports car..? (Because it's a turbo?)
The guy you are discussing with has Very High expectations! He owns an E-46 M3 CSL and A E90-M3. So of course his expectations are High!
Appreciate 0