Space Admiral
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blutattoo View Post
Should get an adjustable camber kit regardless of tire since that will both improve your times and help with premature tire wear.
I already have camber plates... is that what you mean by "camber kit"?

Quote:
I like the Michelin Pilot Super Sport or the Bridgestone Potenza RE-11's for track/street combo, but both are pricey about $1200 for the set. The PSS should fit without issue at 235/265 with the right offset wheel, but the RE-11's may need a spacer and camber in order to fit in those sizes. Best bet might be to look for tires in 225/255 to ensure fitment.
Well, my fenders are rolled, and the previous owner fitted 245 and 265 without any trouble.

I haven't chosen a specific tire set yet, and I know that the more expensive tires will be better... but if I buy something in that price range, I'll always be uncomfortable doing anything aggressive because I'll be thinking "well, I just burned about $30 worth of tire." I'm thinking that if I get a cheaper set, I can burn them freely without worrying too much about the cost.

But again, the main question is how quickly I'll burn the tires if I spend time on the track. Based on that, I can figure out how much I need to spend.
Mods completed: JB4+ & FBO || LSD || BMW-P suspension + F/R sway bars || 18" Breyton GTS-R || M3 front bushings || Vogtland camber plates || BMW-P rotors + Stoptech pads |||| Acquired, not installed: BMS WW Meth kit || Logic HVI intake || Mishimoto OCC |||| Shopping for: Summer tires
Appreciate 0