09-27-2012, 08:06 AM   #20
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert View Post
I'm in talks with the dealer now, BMW aus will have a look at it. I've taken a few pics but unfortunately it really doesn't come show It really has to be touched to be noticed.

That Chris Harris video reminds me... what happened to our M3 seats and illuminated gear knob??? That said, I've grown quite fond of the stock ones

I think our interiors are much nicer than the M3's too, I had a sit in one yesterday and thought it was a bit... boringggggggggggggg

I'll admit that "Perfect" probably isn't the best description, perhaps I should've put "Up to your expectation quality-wise for the money you paid". As a driving wheel I think it's great, it feels purposeful and really feels like a car that takes skill to drive (I'm a bit delusional ). Sometimes I feel like I'm pulling at the seams when holding the car in the bends though. I suppose I just felt that after all the cars I've had the pleasure of driving, I've never had anything like this before and it's just a bit disappointing that it has on such a special car.
The seats do not look as great or special as most of us would like to see in the 1M, that is a fact. However, I find them close to perfect in the way that they deliver comfort and support, especially if you stick with the manual instead of power/memory seats (3 cm. less head room, quite heavier and adds no extra positioning, unnecessary cables and something else to go wrong in time, plus they cost). In fact, I feel like other than the "looks" I prefer them to E9X M3 seats, cause they are less bulky and very probably much lighter while providing the same kind of support. There was an interview back in the days of 1M's launch, that an M engineer or executive had replied to a question of why not selecting M3 seats to 1M, and he was saying that standard sport seats are considered to be more comfortable and fitting the 1M better by the M division. That says enough.

On the other hand, if we could have some seats a la Z3 M seats, in bi-color scheme plus half-alcantara half-leather, then yes I would feel more special about the interior of our cars.

I don't mind a bit that the gear box is not illuminated since I know where to put my gear lever without looking at it! Plus would it come in VO? I even found it juvenile these details in former M cars, like the lights showing you if you are at the green or yellow or red zone of revs or the shift knob. I am glad that 1M was considered more grown up than that. It is the focused and pure M, remember? We are supposed to drive it first and foremost.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0