06-24-2009, 07:30 PM   #39
twin fed
Doc Brown
Rep
Drives: 2016 MG MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerlucas View Post
Twin Fed,

I'm starting to think about doing this again and was hoping that you might be able to answer some of the question I posted. If you can't, no worries, but I think it would very helpful to those considering this.
No they don't have to remove the old fabric. The suede is real thin and just glues right over the headliner material. There are different kinds of suede, some with a backing and some without. You want the one without backing, it is more stretchy and takes the curves of the headliner better. The one with the backing would require seams around some areas, making it more complicated and thus more expensive. It also might look funny that way. Also the sunroof was not an issue either, the sun shade works just fine.

The headliner does have to be removed from the vehicle and yes it is through the door. Removal of a wondow is totally unnecessary.

Hope this helps!

Dave-

A top guy at my shop did it on the side for me. We are so busy at work that there was no time to do it at the shop. Hope to see you at the next meet.

Appreciate 0