Hondamxracer51
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i dct zmp

Garage List
2012 135i  [0.00]
dct tranny and idle problems

i saw a thread on this but it had like 6 pages of responses and i couldnt go through and read it all. i know that i have seen other people with this problem and i think mine has been fixed.

so the original problem with my car was fluctuating idle and delayed power. i would be sitting at a light or stopped and my idle would either jump up maybe 500 rpms or it would dip down almost to a stall. also if i would come to a stop pretty quick after driving fast my car would almost stall. i was also having a problem where i would be stopped and i would go to pull out into traffic (turning right for example) and i would push the throttle and nothing would happen untill like half to 3/4 throttle.

so i work at a dealer and i had brought the problem up to my buddy that is a tech and he said to bring it in and he would look at it. he scanned the car and didnt find and faults but he found a test plan on re calibrating the clutches. he said it was a pain and a long process that took him forever. he ended up clearing all the settings and re calibrating the clutches and doing some other stuff.

so far ive had the car back for almost a week and it seems to have fixed it. i havent driven super hard but it doesnt seem to be doing what it was before. if anyone is having this problem i can try to find out exactly what he did.

i hope this helps someone i just thought i would share it because i know ive seen the problem out there before.
Appreciate 0