SCCA B Street
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3kerry View Post
Mark, It is over for me barring a money tree in the back yard.

I am going to build and run track days with you guys and start back having fun instead of throwing dollar bills out of hte window at the local scca event. I don't really enjoy it like I used to.
Well, FWIW, I enjoyed watching your winning run at nationals, including the cheer at the end. It sure sounded like you were having fun. (Maybe you hadn't looked at the front tires yet.)

I have done some autocrossing because it is closer to home than the track, and cheaper, but next year it will be track days. The track is just so much more fun to me.
I ran pout of money and the go fast parts on the car have slowed it.

I feel i need to complete the build and move to street tires just have the budget to drive the car some.

I spent about 8k and ran about 80 totals passes in the car in 2012. Finishing the build and moving to street tires will probably cost about 2k a year to run the car.

The issue finishing a street tire build and running scca is that there is no street tire class for the car.

That puts the car is ASP with cars that can run a 60 second course 5 to 7 seconds faster.

The fun factor died for me before i won dixie last year. We used to have a group that traveled to the events and this year i have traveled by myself hundreds of miles and thousands of dollars. You just cant justify that kind of money and time off work to drive 6 minutes.

Autox is about people and when you have to win to have fun and stop enjoying the people, it is time to shut it down for a while.

I have a co drive in a street tire mini this year but still have not committed to it in my heart.

Last edited by m3kerry; 06-18-2013 at 06:21 AM..
Appreciate 0