View Single Post
      04-05-2013, 05:50 AM   #18
Cozy
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

I'm really late to the party here but I wanted to add to what you said about the spacers. I up sized from 215 to 225 tyres up front and 245 to 255 rear. On stock suspension without spacers this was fine but I noticed a rubbing problem with stock suspension with spacers added shortly after.

I initially installed 12mm rear and 10mm front spacers which caused rubbing over dips (M-Sport suspension) at both ends. I looked at the rear, it was tight but I reckoned a couple losing a couple of 'mm' either side could stop that; I swapped the 10mm to the rear and problem solved . However, that left the 12mm now up front which caused a horrid squeaking noise over dips when the tyre caught the liner, worse than the 10mm. I wasn't a fan of that at all and I also wasn't as keen on the square look that both spacer sets created together so I removed the 12mm up front and installed 5mm in their place. The car definitely looks more aggressive than stock, a slightly wider front with a fat rear so this is how she'll stay. To add she is also having a new suspension kit installed this month using Eibach Pro springs; I'll be able to give a definitive answer on 'rub' then if anyone is interested; I know it's often mentioned and I'm happy to share my discoveries.
Appreciate 0