NavyChop93
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135is Convertible

Garage List
2013 BMW 135is  [0.00]
Going with the 135is

New to the community, will be taking delivery of my first BMW in about 12 weeks!

Ordered the 135is convertible. When comparing the 135i and 135is, I was initially thinking 135i, but then I saw the attached 135is at a dealer in Texas and it was game over. Styling is always subjective, but the carbon black with the 135is-specific wheels made my jaw drop from across the parking lot.

Being overly analytical, I subsequently mulled it over in my mind some more and decided that for a bit more than the price of the Technology Package (assuming the buyer is getting the Sport Package with the 135i), I could upgrade to the 135is. Being new to BMW, I'm buying the car to actively enjoy driving it...so for me, the extra dollars were better spent on items that would enhance the driving experience I want from the car.

For those considering the Technology Package that own a Siri capable iPhone with the new OS update...I found in testing the car out at a dealer with my iPhone 4S plugged in to the provided cable that I could reach down and hold the main button on the phone to activate Siri. While not thrilled with the first Siri release, the latest version seems to work well. I was easily able to make calls or select my music using Siri over the cars sound system and microphone. I recognize for some that the Technology Package might be essential, but for my needs, I went for the 135is without the Technology Package over the 135i with that package.

OK, probably way too long of a post!
Attached Images

Last edited by NavyChop93; 01-17-2013 at 06:19 AM..
Appreciate 0