11-17-2012, 03:51 PM   #14
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
In Belgium and Luxembourg the 1M came stock with Xenon headlights. Adaptive Headlights (AHL) ("Adaptive Light Control") were indeed optional (€420 option). Got all available bells 'n whistles, so AHL too.

2012 Manual: "Adaptive Light Control is a variable headlamp control system that enables better illumination of the road surface. Depending on the steering angle and other parameters, the light from the headlamp follows the course of the road. In tight curves such as on switchbacks or when turning, at speeds up to approx. 40 mph/70 km/h, an additional, cornering light is switched on that lights up the area inside the curve."

I don't know whether cornering lights also feature on headlights without the optional AHL feature. It's the lamp inside the second corona (inner side). I thought it was merely a feature to emphasize to oncoming traffic that you intend to turn, in addition to the blinker. However it seems that its main purpose consists of adding light to the dark side of your choice...

Just beware when you install LUX Angel Eyes that the ballast stays out of the turning range of the AHL, otherwise you might end up with a dreadful AHL failure (several casualties reported on this forum).
You are right on this one Artemis, all 1Ms in all markets came with standard Xenons, including Germany, I should know since I made all my configurations through German web site's configurator. So Dackel's memory cheats on him here, sorry Dack, stuff happens

The only options depending on market were adaptive lights, headlight assist (option 5AC) and headlight washer system (I was forced to opt and pay for that last one due to market obligations, and I tried hard not to have them). Was the same story for diplomatic purchases which usually follows the German market 98-99% and the rest a few small details like carpets or cruise control they make you pay since you already got a big discount on the car.

If you guys go to the sticky thread that Artemis himself started on 1M manuals and price lists, you will notice from the German price list that I myself suggested to be included, Xenons (without optional adaptive lights but with headlight washer system) were standard equipment in Germany as well.
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.

Last edited by ozinaldo; 11-17-2012 at 03:58 PM..
Appreciate 0