View Single Post
      12-22-2013, 08:29 PM   #34
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattm View Post
The SEB has released notes indicating you can "mix 'n' match" wheel sizes (*I'm a tad unclear on the sizing. A hypothetical: Can I put an 18" wheel on the front and a 20" on the rear?). Scroll to page 20.
http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/...strack-jan.pdf
From page 20...spells out your question pretty clear:

Quote:
Start with a vehicle that is legal in the 2013 Stock category, with any allowed optional (per Solo rules Section 12.4) wheel packages that were available from the factory (not dealer installed). You can then go up or down 1” on any wheel. If your car came with 17’s on all four corners you can run 16, 17 or 18’s up front and then 16, 17 or 18’s in the rear. So a 16” front/18” rear combo is legal as is a 18” fronts/16” rear combo.
Kinda sucks that the Z4M isn't offered with additional wheel packages. I'm limited as all get-out on wheels that are 8" in the front and 9" in the rear.

Ideally, I'd run APEX ARC8s in 17s, but they only go down to 8.5"

The E82 wheels APEX offers go to a 8"....but I'd have to run around a 20mm spacer in the rear which is no bueno.

IMO, this just makes the M Sport Packages and other type of equipment that comes with wider wheels more valuable in the game of autox....for stock at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattm View Post
Man that Z4M looks good.
Thank you. I've always been jelly of the 1Ms since I drove one...especially since you're on R-Comps

I love it though.

I want to hold on to it for a long time...but come a couple years when I take the 128 and convert it to a STX car...I dunno how I will get out and really enjoy it.

Anyways, here is a video at the end of the year at Toledo on the airport...with old, no tread and heat cycled RS3s

Appreciate 0