Rikx1M
MSgt (ret)
Germany
Rep
Drives: VO 1M #739/740

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kleen View Post
I asked Wiesbaden multiple times, was told that Military Sales weren't getting ANY so I bought my 135...
my situation exactly...since 2005 I wanted the M3 but couldn't justify half the cost of a house so for performance and no other options in BMW family at my price point, went with the 135. I loved it but 6 months after I bought the 135, BMW announces the 1M. So then around Dec, Jan, Feb I bugged the shit out of my rep here in HD/Pentagon and was told repeatedly no...no...no....

So settled for a great car...really didn't lose keeping my 135. Looked into mods and realized the N55 wasn't as easy to mod as the N54...another limitation but livable. Then all the reviews from USA, from Germany, from UK, from Top Gear, from Australia....kept commenting on how great the 1M was and that it fixed most if not all shortcomings of the 135...most of the kind of mods and $$ I was going to make already with my N55 135...damn...now I want the 1M again.

The rest is history. I hope to finally have it in 2-3 weeks...don't foresee selling this one.
Appreciate 0