02-19-2013, 12:41 PM   #15
rking117
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i & 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshOz125i View Post
this happened to me and I dead set shat a brick. Then I realised I prob got a little carried away with the tyre shine the night before and some got on the brakes.
No i am not going to change the subject. well sorta. On my Fiat, after a good wash and dry the next day when i release the hand brake the car will not even roll due to them being stuck closed. I have to put it in first then drive away. that first inch of movement and then <loud sound> POP! </> The reason i bing up the Fiat is that it is such a light small car that the sounds are very pronounced. That beng said i bet it could be that the 1 with the brake pulled could be experiencing this same thign but unlikely. Where the Fiats brake cable is hooked to the caliper on the 1 (I believe) there is a seperate brake pad that is hooked to the rotor sort of like a brake drum. (seperate pads and everything) That area is very enclosed and not likely for water to get in there to cease them up. Another person wrote somethin about hill assist. Yep that could do it. If the brakes are engaged and dont release right when you engage the clutch then i suspect you could get a large pop noise when they do break loose from the torque of the engine.