05-25-2011, 08:20 AM   #16
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Parker View Post
When are we going to get a bad review on this car? The worst I've heard are complaints the interior is boring and that it oversteers easilyd. I think the interior is tidy and efficient and the neutral to oversteer behavior is very welcome. Maybe I'm biased but I can't find a negative review. Writers have to find something wrong with every car but BMW seems to have muted them.
I think BMW has strayed from the original M car so far that now they have something back to basics, everyone is just happy to drive something for the old-school enthusiast....

Notice I am no longer saying just enthusiast, but old-school enthusiast. I have learned over the last few years that what excites many of the new generation are glowing switches, technology, NAV, IPODS, paddles, electronic suspensions, super stiff fast trucks. In all fairness they are enthusiasts too so I think Old-School enthusiasts is the better term.

I am actually a IT guy myself and I love technology as long as it doesn't mute or degrade the driving experience.

Many in the media are happyto see something like this after so long that they are overlooking some of the negatives....rightly so...the positives outweigh the negatives. Even the WRX has gone soft so this is a breath of fresh air...albeit a little expensive and difficult to get fresh air.
Appreciate 0