Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW i3 rex

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
Oh boy Im gonna hurt you!!

We did it ourselves... the cover was painted at a local paint shop and then I just added those stripes digitally to see what the color would look like. Someone didnt like it and went with black which is still nice.

Seeing youre overseas I dont think its worth us doing it and shipping it to you. You can easily have a local paint shop do it for you. To cut costs you can add the stripes with vinyl (although I am not sure how long or well they will hold up with under hood temperatures). If you need to cut the stripes on the cover my tip for you would be to do it first and have them ready then send the piece for painting and apply the vinyl once its dry. This way you wont scratch the white paint. Technically any vinyl shop should be able to give you strips in the correct width so all you need to do is cut to length and angle the ends.
how many times have u tried to kill me and not succeeded. besides you need me alive so u can keep winning those bets! heres payment:

any good body/paint shop should charge about 125 USD to repaint and bake your cover that is what i paid. the vinyl idea from paps should work if you can have a vinyl shop make those stripes for you to peel and stick. question is will those stay on with the mild heating of the engine cover...worse case scenario make a few sets and re-apply as necessary
Appreciate 0