Italy
Rep
Drives: 08 135i, 88 M3

Garage List
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 135i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
Sweet! I'm taking a dremel to my upper spring perch, where it rubs the stud from the camber plate. I think that's the noise issue. I called Vorschlag to let them know that I know of four locals that have this issue. They were under the impression that the newer aluminum backing plate version (red anodized) were not a problem... I corrected them.

Andy, I'm going to futz with the stock and H&R springs to see what I can do to not jerry rig the height, when I put the Konis in tomorrow.

Btw, the back is pretty much set-it-and-forget-it. I'm not worried about the adjustability aspects of the rear shock. Dropping the rear LCA versus taking out the trunk liner.. it's a wash, as far as labor to adjust.

My question to you is that are you getting smaller front tires? I don't think the 255's will work with the ~-2deg of the Dinan camber plates.

Lastly, I hear ya about the A>B class thing. I want to try to run without a tune for one event this year, to see the difference it really makes. I'm thinking with my suspension changes that I'm doing this Friday, that I have a little bit more of a momentum car than a point n shoot car.
sounds like you're gonna have it all up and running for the sunday AX, right? stoked to check it out!

Appreciate 0