View Single Post
      08-04-2013, 11:11 PM   #14
nato-main-man-5am
special
Rep
Drives: 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylonien View Post
Old thread, but how is this not a plug n play? The connectors, fitting or does it need spacers etc?
Since I just installed some of these woofers this weekend, I can answer about those: It is the raw speaker connections, like what you would solder wire to, that you get, not the nice "snap in connector" that BMW uses on their own speakers.

Of course, I *also* bought the wiring harness that musicarnw (VP Electricity) sells, and THEN it is plug and play.

And they sound nice.

I'm crossing them over about 175hz to the doors, which are Morel Hybrid Ovations, all powered by JL Audio amp.

Using pink noise and a RTA, just tweaking the crossover and the relative levels, it's a nice step up.

Disclosure: Made even better when I used the old JLAUDIO iphone amp and test signals from Studio Six to check speaker polarity. Somewhere, I got my red and black confused, and the app helped me find that. (And both the rear deck OEM speakers, which are still too loud even when the JL Audio amp is at its lowest gain setting for them, were in phase with one another but nothing else in the car, so I fixed that too, while in there.)
Appreciate 0