12-09-2012, 10:42 PM   #16
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineM3E92 View Post
I tried the old "front on ramp rear on a jack trick"............... ONCE!

The car rolled down the ramp and pinched me between the handle of the jack and the garage wall, not a very good experience so PLEASE be very careful doing that.
Thanks for the warning.

I've done it twice so far over the past 2 weeks and both times have been ok. There's a fair amount of space on the top 'level' section of the ramp and I had it driven all the way to the back of it. Once I got it up on the jacks I even gave it a little shove and couldn't get it to budge so I figured I was ok.

I did think about putting some wheel chocks behind the front wheels but there isn't really any room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
They do.. The guy assured me they are fine for lowered cars..

Still, I will rock up with my car and put them to the test before purchase.
They didn't allow me to test before I purchased them as they're zip tied together but I took some rough (really rough) measurements and they work fine for me.

To my understanding, the E88 stock is lower than an E82 stock due to the same springs being used but the increased weight.

If you are ever up near Newport I'm happy to let you test mine. Alternatively, we can compare car heights this coming Saturday to see whether it will fit or not.